Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

NC and beyond...

The past week has been more than great and has made me appreciate small gestures from complete strangers more than anything. From the free rides to town from locals and the fried mushrooms from Fat Buddies BBQ. Justin has joined our trail family for the past week and it has been an awesome week at that. We crossed over the North Carolina border and encountered much of the same rainy, damp and cool conditions we have run into. Add on a day of reported hail and close encounters with lightning which Justin and I kept our minds busy as we were gaining elevation by telling each other Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes. It all adds up to another fantastic week in the woods.

I sit here from the Nantahala Outdoor Center which is more than likely a place I could spend the next 10 years of my life enjoying the whitewater kayaking, fly fishing and general mountain living. I absolutely love it here. The gear is hung up to dry, the beers are being consumed and the river keeps on rushing only a few feet from our cabin door.

This next week will mark our entrance into the Smoky Mountains and a long stretch to Hot Springs, North Carolina.

Enjoy the pictures. They can never convey the how much I am enjoying this area.

No comments: