Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Aller à La Pêche...

Weather is getting colder. Perfect time here in south Louisiana to get out about in the woods for a weekend. I will no doubt be doing that in the near future to test out some new gear. In the meantime I am still completely enamored with fishing, fresh and saltwater. With the weather getting cool the fish are starting to slow down. A recent day on the water was more like paddling a marathon for me on the basin. At the end of the day I had hooked a few largemouth bass and go to throw a few flies on my new TFO 8wt rod. I'm looking for a few more days on the marsh before the end of the year.

For now I will be taking to the vise to build up a few crab flies and some black/chartreuse clousers for my trip to Cypremort this week. The crabs are a new fly for me so I'll see how they come out. I'd like to review a few flies and rods as soon as I have confidence in their ability to catch fish. My kayak would also merit a good post about the setup I have for fishing. But that's for later.
Temple Fork Outfitters NXT 8wt rod for saltwater excursions
Chrome Rat-L Trap got em

This year was the year of the trail, next year will defenitely be the year of the fish. . 

I think I could sit and watch well made videos on vimeo all day. Luckily, there are a lot of them out there. Inspiration perhaps. Still think catching redfish in shallow water on a fly is awesome.






No comments: