Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Autumn has Arrived!

The fishing lately has been amazing. Here we are at the beginning of fall and everything seems to be right in the world again. Cool temperatures are a welcome relief from a summers worth of heat. The marsh has been waking up and the redfish have been very cooperative lately. Crab and shrimp flies have been driving the reds wild. And I've had no need to switch the Vortex Shads from my jigheads. Unless it's for a Skitterwalk. The planning has already begun to scout some new spots and we're all waiting on the weather to cooperate a little more for trout fishing at the point. Enjoy some photos of some recent trips, there will be many more coming soon.

Yakangler.com is a kayak fishing site that hosts an annual "Angler's Choice Awards".  Somehow in the mix up this blog was nominated and made it to the first round of voting. I honestly had no clue about the awards or how I was nominated for it. There are a few Louisiana based options up for voting including Mountains to Marsh, Bayou Yakker, Pack & Paddle and Grand Isle, Louisiana as best fishing hotspot. I believe that our state is well represented and am grateful for however my little piece of the internet made it to the masses. Guess I'll just keep doing what I do with this thing and hopefully more people will tune in to what Louisiana has to offer to the kayak fishermen of the world. We must be doing something right!