Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Old Man Winter...

I'm starting to hate that old, bitter man winter. These cold spells keep getting longer and these north winds relentless. Every year at the end of a hot, humid summer, I curse the name of the one that makes it hot and miserable. I now sit and stew over the glory days of summer and the windless afternoons.

Good thing we live in south Louisiana. In a month or so things will be back to normal and fish will be biting on a completely different pattern than as of recently. This is the worse time of year in my opinion. We have exactly one more football game to watch, duck hunting season is over and the fish, and fishermen are just eagerly anticipating spring. This coincides with the start of my work schedule so, "calm before the storm" as they say. Bring it on, I like to say.